11/27/2009

Generic Canned Oysters!

In this post I review the Kroger Private Selection canned oysters compared to the name brand Geisha canned oysters.
Upon opening both 8oz. cans the products seem similar in appearance and smell. When I poured the liquid out of the cans the more expensive Geisha brand had almost twice as much liquid approx. 2.5oz. The Kroger brand had about 1.25oz. After removing product from cans the Kroger oysters were much plumper and longer than the Geisha oysters. I tasted the oysters and the Geisha were OK but the Kroger brand had a little more salt which really brought out the oysters true saltwater taste.
2 thumbs up for the Kroger Private Selection brand!
Price difference when bought 11/19/09 in Louisville Ky:
*** Geisha $2.89 for one 8-ounce can or $0.36 per oz.
*****Kroger brand three 8-oz. cans for $5.00 or $0.21 per oz.

Enjoy my video where I make oyster dressing and review the products. Oyster Dressing
You can access all my videos by going to, www.youtube.com/user/redneckresponder

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter

As Seen On TV Products